Monday, April 18, 2011

The Walker Run

On Saturday, April 9th, I was blessed with the opportunity to participate in The Walker Run. Our group has been following the story of Sara Walker for several months now. Sara and her husband lost a full-term baby in December, and during the tests after their loss, the doctors discovered she had stage 4 colon cancer. It has been a struggle for her, her husband and their two sons. She keeps everybody updated through her Caring Bridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarawalker. The thing I admire most about Sara is her amazing faith in and love for God. In a time where many people would withdraw themselves, she has put herself and her faith out there for everyone to see and follow. She gives God the glory for every milestone and triumph. I have grown to love and respect this woman so very much.

My friend Lori is actually Sara's husband's cousin (did you follow that?). :) So, Levi and I joined her, and we walked to help Sara. I walked on behalf of the GBG, and showed Sara the support she had from all our wonderful ladies. Lori walked to support her cousin and the battle he and his family are going through. We walked to glorify God and all the good He has done in all of our lives. 1200 people registered for this event, and they all walked to show Sara that she in NEVER alone-NONE of us are!

Sarah, her family, and her wonderful PT class who put on the event






It was truly and honor for me to be able to walk on Sara's behalf. I know she has the love and prayers from all of our girls. I'm so proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of women!

~Meredith~

No comments:

Post a Comment